Pages

Saturday, July 25, 2015

A day at Perisher

We took a day trip up to Perisher today.  It was a big day, we left the house at 8am and got in at 9pm, but so worth it.  We rented skis for Jackson and Josie and took them up the mountain and down one of the green slopes, with Rich and I snowboarding alongside them.  They did so well, by the end both of them were getting down easily without falling over.

We managed about 3 runs all together before Richard managed to loose his ski pass, so that left me with Jack and Josie on the next run.  That was a bit of challenge as Jackson just took off, but I sent Richard a text and he looked out for him at the bottom.  Josie then decided she was just too cold, so Jackson and I continued for a couple more runs.  On the last run, Jackson got off the chairlift and just took off, the perils of snowboarding meant I had to bind in and then I had to board as fast as I could to catch up!

When we got back to the car, the temperature was -2oc so we cranked up the heater and started the slow (behind lots of cars with chains on) drive back to Jindabyne to drop off the skis and then on to home.

Nearly there, it was a slow drive up

 Jackson with the ski run we went down in the background

 Josie knackered after a big day on the slopes!

And another slow drive home 

And a couple of videos, the first of Josie with me following close behind, and the second is Jackson